Turner Christian Church is seeking a full-time* minister to lead and shape our worship gatherings. The church is a highly-motivated congregation looking to reach the fast-growing community around us. We are looking for a worship minister to complete our ministerial team and help to shape meaningful, God-honoring services on a weekly basis. Our worship style is blended, using new music as well as hymns to create a service that is curated for the whole congregation.
*This position has been designed to be full time. However, we are willing to modify the position and responsibilities for the right part-time candidate.
The worship minister is much more than a worship leader. They will be responsible for overseeing our main Sunday service (with the potential for more regular services, such as a mid-week service). They will design the overall structure of the service in partnership with the Senior Minister, recruit and coordinate volunteers, and lead the worship team. The worship minister will curate worship sets that are meaningful to multiple generations. The worship minister will minister to the congregation through their designing and leading of services, through leading and working with volunteers, and through interactions with the congregation.
· Recruit and coordinate A/V, worship, and greeting teams.
· Oversee audio and livestream technology.
· Develop vision for the worship service with senior minister.
· Maintain the service schedule and coordinate with participants.
· Lead worship team through singing and a lead instrument.
· Develop/seek additional opportunities for worship and outreach events.
The worship minister is a minister, and so other duties may be assigned according to the needs of the church and the gifts and talents of the minister.
· Good interpersonal skills, including Christ-like characteristics of patience and compassion.
· Able to lead worship through singing
· Able to play a lead instrument (guitar, keyboard, etc.)
· Proficiency with audio equipment
· Knowledge of (or ability to learn) livestreaming software and equipment
· Some theological education (preferably Bachelor's Degree, complete or in process)
Salary & Benefits
Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Our congregation is committed to offering the best financial support we can for our ministers.
As a minister of the church, this employee’s housing expenses would be tax-deductible.
Sick leave and paid vacation provided.
Send your resume, including three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org